Seafood and particularly fish is loaded with important nutrients, such as such as calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, and potassium. amino acids, fatty acids, vitamin D. All of which are essential to maintaining a healthy body and protect it from the disease. Also, studies have confirmed that fish helps in the prevention of various diseases such as asthma, heart disease, dementia and other health problems
The American Heart Association recommends eating fish at least twice a week as part of a healthy diet, with an emphasis on including oily fish. Grilled and boiling, or steamed fish is advised compared to fried fish, which adds more calories and hydrogenated fats detrimental to your health.
The nutritional value of fish
⦁ A natural source of protein
⦁ A rich source of iodine
⦁ A rich source of calcium
⦁ A natural source of phosphorus
⦁ These last three elements are very important for the body, also fish oil and cod liver are a great source of vitamin A and E
General benefits of eating fish
1. Fish such as mackerel, trout, herring, sardines, tuna, salmon are rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids, these are essential foods in the diet of patients with “sclerosis multiple”. It is a chronic disease that damages the sheaths of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. Fish prevents worsening of the disease, yet no cure has been found until now.
2. Also, omega 3 fatty acids help improve the body’s ability to metabolize fat and prevent its accumulation, in addition to possibly helping decrease belly fat. 28 day Midetteranean diet plan is a great dietary example that focuses mainly on fish, vegetables, and olive oil as they’re an important source beneficial fats..
3. Strengthens the body and gives it energy.
4. Reduce the risk of chronic eye diseases to a large extent.
5. It reduces the appearance of symptoms of asthma such as shortness of breath and chest tightness.
6. Fish contains vitamin A, D. These vitamins are found in the liver of the fish.
7. Fish is considered more effective than many of the famous anti-depression drugs.
8. The phosphorus in fish, especially sardines vitalize the memory and plays an important role in building bone.
9. Fish oils are useful in the prevention of heart disease, rheumatic, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center.
10. Fish helps to stabilize the mental state of people.
11. Fish is an important source of iodine and phosphorus. This is essential for teeth and bones strength, as well as blood.
12. Fish is rich in protein, which contains important amino acids such as arginine, tryptophan, and others, that maintain the body’s tissues and build what the body needs for tissue repair.
13. Fish is one of the best foods for women during pregnancy, studies have shown that a healthy diet rich in fish helps the growth of embryos. Also, make sure to choose a variety of fish lower in mercury, such as salmon, tilapia, shrimp, tuna (canned light), cod, and catfish.
What are some other health benefits of eating fish that you can add to our list?